Functional Integration™ (FI) is a hands-on, individual approach in which I gently guide the student through a series of movements while the student is either lying down or sitting comfortably on the edge of a low, padded table.
No two FI lessons are ever the same because each one is tailored to a student's individual needs at that particular moment. Although there is much learning going on during each lesson, the learning happens under the surface so that it is never necessary for a student to memorize a certain way to carry him or herself. It is enough for the student to be aware of any differences he or she feels throughout the lesson. It is through this increased sense of awareness that habitual patterns can be broken and more fluid, effective movement patterns made available. This branch of the Method is recognized for its abilities to address serious neurological and muscular problems, as well as chronic pain, stress, and tension. Results from these lessons can be both immediate and profound.
The cost of a Private session Is $95 for a child and $100 for an adult. However, a sliding scale is available when there is a need. I am here to help people first and foremost, so please call if special arrangements need to be made.
These lessons have been effective with all of the following and more:
- chronic pain of the back, neck, hip, knee, or foot
- frozen shoulder, tennis elbow, repetitive stress injury, and TMJ
- recovery from an injury or rehabilitation following surgery
- neurological disorders or events such as Parkinson's Disease, MS, stroke, autism, Cerebral Palsy, and many more
- genetic disorders such as Down's Syndrome, Fragile X Syndrome, Spinal Muscular Dystrophy, Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease, and many more
- learning disabilities
- scoliosis and tortocolis
- brain injuries